PERSONAL INJURY AND WRONGFUL DEATH
Virtue Law Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Services
A person may have a case for sustaining an injury or their family for the wrongful death of such person when the actions of another were unintentional and caused an injury or death.
There is statutory negligence and common law negligence. For either cause of action there are elements that need to be proven. Generally they are: a duty owed by the defendant to the plaintiff [injured party]; breaching the standard of care owed to the injured party; causing a harm to the injured party; a connection between the harm and the defendant’s breach of duty and proof that the defendant’s conduct was the proximate or legal cause of the harm.
Some Examples of Personal Injury
- Motor vehicle accidents between vehicles or vehicle and pedestrian
- Slip and fall or trip and fall injury caused by the condition of defendant’s premises
- Dog bite injuries by defendant’s pet; in some circumstances injury caused by wild animals and other domestic animals.
- Professional negligence by licensed professionals such as medical and legal professionals, entities such as hospitals and other medical treatment centers, physicians, psychologists, nurses, dentists, real estate agents/brokers and salespersons, accountants, stock brokers, insurance agents, pilots, commercial drivers, architect, assayers, engineers, geologists, home inspectors, landscape architects, surveyors, and veterinarians, to name a few.
- Dram Shop [vendors of alcoholic beverages]
- Aviation and marine accidents
- Canals [causing flooding or drowning]
- Statutory Negligent Misrepresentation
ARIZONA COMMON LAW CAUSES OF ACTION
Some Examples of Common Law Causes of Action
- Assault and Battery
- Attractive Nuisance
- Breach of Contract
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- Constructive Fraud/Fraud
- Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress
- Interference with Contract Relationship or Business
- Negligent Hiring, Retention or Supervision
- Negligent Infliction of Emotional Distress
- Professional Negligence
- Unjust Enrichment
Contact Scottsdale Personal Injury Attorney Pamela Virtue Today
When negligence and carelessness has caused you or your loved ones to suffer, contact Pamela A. Virtue at Virtue Law Firm. Our attorneys have the expertise to bring you justice for your personal injury or a loved one’s wrongful death. For more information about Virtue Law Firm in Scottsdale, contact us today and find out about the variety of personal injury and wrongful death situations that could warrant a lawsuit.